Online Cake Decorating Classes
Online cake decorating classes are an excellent alternative to taking classes in the local community. If you are looking for cake decoration courses, you should compare online education opportunities.
What Do Online Cake Decorating Courses Offer?
Online education is a rapidly growing field. Recent advances in technology have made them very easy to use. You may be wondering how these courses work. The key feature of an online course is video instruction. Step-by-step video lessons guide you through cake decorating techniques and projects.
Some of the other features to look for in an online course are:
- Downloadable articles and eBooks with photos, instructions, and cake decorating ideas
- Email support from qualified instructors
- Opportunities to share photos and experiences with other learners
- Access to updated information such as new recipes and cake decorating tips
- Ability to pick and choose sections of the course
- Opportunity to review instructional videos more than once
- Some courses offer assignments, personalized assessment, and a certificate on successful completion.
Each course is slightly different; so it is best to consider which features are most important to you.
Advantages of Studying Cake Decorating Online
There are many potential advantages to choosing online instruction. Cake decorating classes are offered by large arts and crafts stores, culinary schools and community colleges. What if these places aren’t near your home or place of work? An online course may be your only realistic option.
Many people choose online courses simply for the convenience that they offer. Our lives can be very busy and stressful. It’s nice to be able to take instruction at any time of the night or day. This flexibility makes it easier to fit in other activities, such as social engagements and relaxing in front of the TV.
As soon as you start an online cake decorating class, you are practicing and creating in your own kitchen. There won’t be a gap between doing projects in a classroom setting and then doing projects at home. This helps you to set up your kitchen, and to purchase tools and ingredients for course projects.
The format of an online course is flexible. You can go through modules at your own pace. You can even repeat lessons. Sometimes we need to watch a demo and practice a few times before being able to master a new technique.
Online courses are also affordable. Since there are a variety of community and online programs, you’ll need to research and compare costs and benefits. Ultimately you’ll want to ask: “Which course is most relevant to my needs?” The availability of online cake decorating courses simply makes it more likely that you’ll find something that works for you.
More than just a series of cake decorating courses, Yummy Arts is also a community of other like minded cake decorators together with their own group of award winning professional cake decorators waiting to help you out.
Some of the features of membership to the site you will get you are:
- All hours access to over one hundred instructional videos, and hundreds of articles covering all aspects of cake and cookie decorating.
- Photo gallery where you’ll find inspiration from others and share your own creations.
- Members only forum where you exchange techniques with other enthusiasts.
Yummy Arts is a growing resource, so you also continue to benefit from:
- The addition of step-by-step videos every month.
- Cake decorating tips video of the week.
- Weekly video newsletter.
Find out more about Cake Decorating Classes at Yummy Arts.
If you run online cake decorating classes, and would like your site listed here, please contact me with your details.
Image source: Flickr